Ms. Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, Founder and Executive President of Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum (GCEF) was invited as a moderator of the Women 20 (W20) session of the first online conference <Rewind and Empower> of Harvard Kennedy School Women's Network (HKSWN), a non-profit organization with the mission to connect, support, and amplify the work of HKS alumnae, and its City Chapter Leads. The conference is organized in partnership with its local and international City Chapters.
As the HKSWN Seoul City Chapter Lead & Co-Head of South Korean delegation of 2020 W20 Italy, Ms. Kang curated and moderated the event with presence of a special guest speaker, Ms. Martina Rogato, W20 Sherpa during Italy’s G20 Presidency about objectives and activities of W20, an official G20 engagement group promoting women’s economic empowerment to align its G20 agenda to promote 3Ps (People, Planet, and Prosperity).
Ms. Kang has been active as a South Korean W20 delegate during 2017 German, 2018 Argentine, 2019 Japanese, and 2020 Saudi Arabia G20 presidency years. She is currently Co-Head of W20 South Korean Delegation of 2021 W20 Italy.
Ms. Kang holds a Mid-Career Master’s degree of Public Administration (MCMPA) from Harvard Kennedy School where she was an Asia Program Fellow of Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government (after under Ash Institute for Democratic Governance and Innovation) as well as a Mason Fellow of the Edwards S. Mason Program in Public Policy and Management. She currently serves as the Seoul City Chapter Lead of Harvard Kennedy School Women's Network (HKSWN) covering South Korea and HKSWN Korea Chapter’s inaugural President.
* Event: <Rewind and Empower> Conference of Harvard Kennedy School Women's Network (HKSWN)
* Session: Women 20 (W20): How Women Empowerment Could Accelerate the Economic Recovery on the Post-COVID 19
* Time: 10-11am (EDT USA) / 16-17 (CET Italy), Saturday, February 6, 2020
* Format: Webinar
* Host: Harvard Kennedy School Women's Network (HKSWN)
* Speakers: Andrea Blinkhorn, Co-President of HKSWN, Claire Boine, Board Member of HKSWN and Chapter Leads Coordinator, Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, Founder and Executive President of Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum (GCEF), and Martina Rogato, W20 Sherpa during Italy’s G20 Presidency year 2021
* Further information: https://www.hkswomensnetwork.com (Harvard Kennedy School Women's Network: HKSWN)
* Registration: (OPEN TO PUBLIC) https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rewind-empower-conference-tickets-137797625407 (speakers and agenda)